Monday, August 26, 2024

Focus

Sunday, day whatever of trying to stay home.  

This morning however, my focus is not on the virus but on this election year. Maybe the two are interchangeable right now though.

In any case, I've started going down a rabbit hole of negativity and hopelessness about the future. Clearly, I need to make sure the state of the country is not a part of my happiness. 

I have let myself get caught up in social media's constant tsunami of hateful words, which of course affect one's psyche. It's difficult to change that but I'm starting to see it as a tool to help me change my thoughts, which eventually will contribute to changing me. 

I'm starting to realize that an important part of happiness is finding joy in the present moment. But my mind does a lot of time travel. For example, I wake up in the morning and almost immediately begin thinking about the day ahead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment