Friday, January 31, 2014

Ramblings on a Free Friday





Sitting upstairs in my beautiful bedroom, the sun slowly coming up and my view is amazing:  Mountains preceded by red tile roofs, framed with the tops of trees. 




 I'm feeling extremely grateful for this day. And yes, I have the day off from my day job.  I will be helping my daughter move into her long awaited for new home that she can call her own.




 Peaceful and tranquil, and suddenly one of my beloved dogs hops on the bed and demands my attention by literally getting in my face with his big, sad-ish looking blue eyes, placing his huge paws on my computer and begging for touch.  This is the one who had been neglected the first year and a half of his life. His persistent attempts to be touched or played with (He CONSTANTLY brings his ball or rope toy and drops it in front of me so I will play with him.)is so annoying, but I understand and love him to the moon and back! 


So, where was I? Ah yes, the view.  It's almost totally light now and I will soon be getting ready to meet my daughter at the gym where she trains, do her weights class and then head out for some serious, enjoyable work. But still I ramble.  What I really wanted to do was write about how terribly difficult it is to stay in keeping with my life intention: that is to be grateful for all things, to see the good in all and to thank God for this beautiful world. And I AM grateful, and I DO see the good in all and I certainly do thank God for this beautiful world.  But when it gets right down to it....we live in an imperfect world, and anyone who cannot see that, I question their sanity.  Or, if it IS perfect....the perfection is hiding in the greyness of....what??? Pollution?  Okay, pollution.


I was brought up by a Catholic mother,

 and Jewish father.


(of course these are pics of them in their youth, but what great pics they are!)


I believe I have mentioned that more than several times.  And, I was brought up by a conservative (not in his younger days) father, and a liberal (not in her younger days) mother.  Both of my parents were very intelligent, and both obviously impressed me to think for myself, to look at all sides and then make my decision.  I am grateful to have had the parents that I had, I miss them very much, and I often wish they were here so that I could throw around controversial subjects to hear their view on them.  But they're not.


Okay, rambling yet again.  I guess what I want to say is that I truly want to be a positive thinker like Joel Olstien, or Louise Hay, but I see too, at times, to be more like what Mark Twain calls "an optimist who hasn't arrived yet." Unfortunately, to be ruthlessly honest, I blame others for my inadequacies. (Be careful with your judging here...I"m being open and stupidly honest).  So tell me how to keep my upbeat thought process when I'm around people who are always talking about the horrible injustices of the world, people who are angry and fearful that their "rights" are being taken away from them, and others who seem to always see the dark side of the cloud?


When I let myself get involved with the "world's" problems, I become one of the people to be blamed. Catch 22.  So there ya have it.  Again, no answers today, in the meantime, I'll celebrate my daughter's new joy with.....well.......a good sugar-free coke. (another intentional choice...to stick with my gym's New Year's Challenge and give up alcoholic beverages for 6 weeks....Oy Vey!!!!) Have a great, and joyful imperfect day!









No comments:

Post a Comment