Friday, December 9, 2011

Sad Dogs

I have been living in this house now for almost 10 months. And most of those 10 months I've heard a little dog crying from the back yard.  We have these sort of block walls that are covered in stucco so we don't really see our neighbor's yards.  I liked the privacy and that's one of the reasons why we bought this house.  But we have heard this pathetic cry for most of the 10 months we've been here. The heat has been up to 117 degrees and now it's pretty cool for Phoenix weather.  It's now almost 1 a.m. and I hear this sad dog. 

I've been told that to file a complaint is huge.  A lot of paper work and then it's not certain what will happen. A far cry from Overland Park, KS where I lived for almost twenty years.  All a person has to do is punch in a phone number and vwalla...you have an officer knocking at your door telling you your dog is a nusciance.  It's very frustrating. I've even called to the dog.  Now I'm at the verge of going over there and taking the dog for my own. GEEEEEEEEEEEESH!

Animal neglect has gone on for so long it's so discouraging to me.  I have been looked on for not taking aim at people who neglect children; which I think is also horrendous.  But there are so many child advocates, and in my opinion, so few animal advocates. The abuse animals go through should be known.







I know these pictures are difficult to view.  Yet these are true and these images are just a smattering of what really goes on.

Yet there are some who actually care, obviously not my neighbors.  Now, the dog that is crying is not physically as neglected as these animals.  But still, even the most simple dog has been proved to be as intelligent as a two year old human. The emotional needs of dogs and other animals have been highly neglected.  Thus, my dilema with my damn neighbors.  I do want to go take this dog away from his lonliness.



Sometimes things seem overwhelmingly sad.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell me you saved this animal? Not as physically neglected is still in the neglect category especially at how hot Arizona gets. That dog in the hot sun, maybe with no water. A dog whimpering is a dog in need of help

    ReplyDelete