Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Lose Weight, Be Strong, Meditate On All Things Lovely

I have been on a quest for health, fitness and overall well being.  My vacation from work began two weeks ago and that's when my journey began.  The plan: lose twenty pounds by September,




 workout rigorously at least four times  a week,




stop drinking on week nights




and enjoy the quiet side of life.



So far, so good.  I am bordering on major boredom, but still appreciate this time when there is nothing to do. 


I'll admit though, I'm not so sure why I'm limiting my calories to under 1200 a day (or at least trying), and limiting my alcohol consumption to the weekends.  It used to be that I wanted to be attractive.  I still do, don't get me wrong, but as I know that my life is .......well..........uh.............over middle age, I'm not so sure I just don't want to induldge myself into all things unhealthy.  I know it sounds crazy, but yes, I guess I'm a person of instant gratification.

INSTANT GRATIFICATION



Still, the desire to look good, feel stronger than your average woman, and be in control over my own body is stronger than the desire to consume all things sweet and drink all things with an edge.

I'm sitting here musing over the fact that life is short yet I can still  expect some things out of my body.  If I continue to lift weights, run, cycle, jump, and enjoy sweating, I will see the fruits of my labor.


That's it for now...be healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment