Friday, June 19, 2015

Venting and Grieving

Venting here...forgive me if I don't edit for type-o's.  I'm sick of conservative people who say they are Christians and favor letting anyone and their wacko friends have guns.  I'm sick of the "club" and their judgmental attitudes.  Am I angry? You're damn right I am.  One of my friend's husbands who is a "missionary" to Mexico asked me if I was 'drunk' when I made a statement he didn't agree with. OMG....How arrogant is that? How arrogant is he??  Okay, deep breath here. The only reason I bring that up is to show that some have their 'doctrine' set in their minds and won't think of anything that would differ from their opinion.  It would mess with their 'spiritual security'.  Unfortunately, their 'doctrine' is also very political.

In light of the Charleston church murders so much comes out. Actually all sorts of things come out when you even bring up the fact that we need more stringent gun laws. These are people who believe in Jesus, in his teachings.  Maybe they conveniently leave out what Jesus said about the peacemakers: Blessed are the peacemakers...etc. etc. etc.  No these are paranoid, negative people in their 60's who think they are "on board with God's moves" .  If God is hateful and paranoid and anti gay, pro guns, blah, blah blah, I'm not sure we're talking about the same God that I saw all those years ago when I gave my life to Christ.

There is a club, and if you're not in that club you are "back slidden".  Oh yes, I remember that term. It was for all the faithful who fell away from the club or who dared question anything about the club.  Sort of cultish right?  Yep!   And now, instead of it being a spiritual good news club, it's gone terrible y partisan, political.

I have 'chatted' with so called friends on facebook about this atrocity.  And of course when I mention gun control they cling to their paranoid little beliefs that the right wing has thrown at them and say the only answer is for "mens hearts to change".  Yeah, well, that hasn't happened.  So, I'm going to end this rant on a Friday night with John Stewart.  He is a genius and amazing at how he captures the feelings of so many.


No comments:

Post a Comment