Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Dear Student,

Dear Random Student,

I don't think you realize how much I care for you.


When I tell you that you have to read the instructions carefully, I'm not kidding.  You do.  But then again, some of you don't care. I wish with all of my heart I could make you care, but I can't.



Your most important goal is to make the grade. The grade that will earn you the respect of your family and everyone else in between.  So, lying, cheating and doing what you have to do seems like the easiest way. After all, that's what  adults have taught you through their actions. The next election will prove that.


I don't know if you know this, but I pray for you. Whether you believe in prayer or not is your choice, is your privilidge, but I do.  I pray for every day on my way in to work.  I mention you by name to the big guy upstairs.  It's because I care and I know your problems are pretty much beyond me or anyone else in the educational field.  Even the counselors.  They have some advice...but no answers.

I want you to realize I wake up at 3 a.m. and wonder what I can do to help you.



 One of my main goals in life is to see you succeed.  And from what I've seen , there is no easy way.  You have to read everything, you have to try and find answers when there don't seem to be any.  You have to endure and not figure that someone else will do it for you.  Because maybe someone can tell you what page the answer is on, but they can't embed it into your mind for further reference to build on.


My confession is this: I'm too old to change courses. This is what I do best, so I will continue for the monetary rewards. And if there is a student who benefits from my concern, my time, and my care, then I'm all the more richer. 

Sincerely,
Your random educator

My advice to future teachers? Don't do this unless you mean business and are not in it for the money.

No comments:

Post a Comment