Thursday, June 30, 2016

Little Moments

Why am I feeling so damned sentimental today?  Uhhhh..maybe because I've been going over Robin Williams videos and also because it's a cloudy, almost rainy day in Phoenix.




You can't have happy without the sad, and you can't have sad without the happy.  I'm convinced of that; at least if there is to be some depth in your soul.




 I'm eccentric and a bit incidental when it comes to my fascination of death.  I lost my first love when I was only eighteen.  I had a dream the night before he died that he was in an accident.  In any case, that sort of set me for life about being obsessed with death and the afterlife.  Personally, I think our society has more of a taboo about death than they do sex.  Whatever.  It is, for most,  a fearful subject because we all know there is no immunity nor escape from it's grasp.  As humans it seems we are very control oriented...and death is one thing that is way beyond our control.



Practicing what I preach would be the ideal.  Knowing that taking risks, living life to the fullest, and entirely enjoying relationships are the all-out important elements for us humans to possess a life of quality. Being conscious and intentional is something I've tried to incorporate into my day to day routine.



When I am pensive it's only instinctive that I look back more than forward. When I see or hear or think of something that touches my soul to the core, there are people and times that come to my attention;  like a slide show in my brain. I remember reading a book called, Sacred Romance, by John Eldredge.  In it he talks about prayer and how he experiences praying.  He said that he will sort of be still in his mind and when a specific thought or image stands out he says, "Okay Lord, where would you have me to go with this."  And that's what I do. It truly is an alluring journey when I follow.



When I take those prayerful journeys, it usually has me reliving and viewing some beautiful moments with people and things I love. The main thing, however,  these little, curious sojourns show me  that caring for others in the most unconditional way, loving others in the most unconditional way, is really the most important thing there is.  It's what we will take with us when we go to the other side of that  thin, foggy line.


No comments:

Post a Comment