Saturday, November 12, 2016

The Divided States of America; He Is NOT My President!!

It's  Saturday night and my husband is going pub crawling with some friends. I'm totally fine with that. I've been working on making my ugly, dated bathroom bearable for my aesthetic mind.  I've been doing projects so that I won't think about the how the world as I know it, is now gone.  Did I mention that after the election I left facebook? Yeah, I did.  I knew that if I stayed on, I'd become just like the people I couldn't stand. Weird though, how I still think in facebook posts.

The election?  Ahhhhh. the election!  Did it upset me?  That's putting it mildly...very mildly.  I went into a depression.  And as I did, people would post, on facebook, "Where's you faith?"  Where's my faith?  Well, it sure the hell isn't in the American public. It's no so much that I wanted Hillary to win, it's that I couldn't imagine an idiot such as Donald Trump and his weird lips to win. But he did and the cloud of doom rolled over me.  I am a liberal in so many ways....probably in every way.  I didn't ever think I would be. But the way the conservatives believe makes me think they want to truly live out their fantasy of being in a John Wayne move. Apparently, Trump is their John Wayne.  He may not last and of course Pence will be moved up. I haven't read a lot about Pence, but what I've read and heard isn't good.  I've already heard that people who commit hate crimes are actually feeling comrade-re with Trump.

I've went out just yesterday. It was the first day I actually went out after the election. I was waiting for someone to say, " How are you?"  In which I would have replied, "Ask me in four year."  But they didn't.  Maybe they know. Maybe they realize how divided we are.  The Divided States of America! That's what I'm calling it now, because it's true.

Meanwhile I'm off facebook and it's freeing.  It's been addicting; I've kept up with family and friends, but now, it's like, how can we ignore the elephant in the middle of the room?  How can we ignore the idiot who is supposed to be president of our country?  I know that I would post hateful things...so I have to use self discipline and not go there.

In the meantime I still think in facebook posts.  Odd how quickly we let something be so much a part of us.  I'm sad, I'm disillusioned, I'm frustrated, and I'm tired.  Dave says it all for me.  Again.




"Everybody Wake Up (Our Finest Hour Arrives)"

Everybody wake up
If your living with your eyes closed
See the man with a bomb in his hand
Everybody wake up

Oh baby it's not easy sometimes
They build these walls ever higher and hide behind them
Seems an odd way to try and make things right
Oh I feel like I go crazy sometimes

Our finest hour arrives
See the pig dressed in his finest fine
The believers stand behind him and smile
As the day lights up with fire

Everybody wake up
If your living with your eyes closed
See the man with a bomb in his hand
Everybody wake up

I Remember the words of the misguided fool
Do unto others as you'd have them do
Not an eye for an eye is the golden rule
Just leaves a room full of blind men

And the finest hour arrives
See the pig dressed in his finest fine
Don't believe him leave and stand behind him and smile
As the day lights up with fire

Everybody wake up [etc]....

Everybody wake up
if your living with your eyes closed
see the man with a bomb in his hand
Everybody wake up

No comments:

Post a Comment