Saturday, May 19, 2012

Venting....

I am truly not looking forward to this election year.  I have a liberal husband who thinks this country would be so much better without the "teabaggers" and then some distant, old friends who think "Barack Obama is the most wicked president we've ever had."  Because my husband actually listens to me, I need to spend time venting about the mentality of what my distant friend wrote.  To be honest,  it angers me.





 Because of that, I'm probably no better than him/her. So, that being said, I'll rant on.....To call someone wicked without even knowing their heart, in my opinion, is anti-Christian. Yet I'm sure that person will tell me that by Obama's actions, he knows his heart.  Okay!.  I get it....I just don't agree.   I know some probably think they are prophets of the old testament and want to sing out a loud warning to all who do not choose what they choose in terms of what they believe is morality.





A woman who I used to go to church with, amen'd the "Obama being wicked" statement.  Now, this woman who I used to go to church with, used to be crafty and talented.  She probably still is for all I know.  I used to have this little consignment shop and, at that time,  I asked her, thinking it would be a form of a compliment, if she'd like to put her crafts into the shop.  She, to my huge surprise, was offended and told me that I only wanted to use her.  That was not my intention. 







How she came to that opinion is beyond me.  At one time, her husband helped my husband lay carpet down in the first home we bought.  He told my husband that he "could help him."  In all fairness, we probably misunderstood this as a true labor of love. We were not in the habit of taking advantage of people. Not once did he mention payment.  In those days, that's what you did, you helped your friends.  Later, when she let loose about the  true feelings she had for  me, she brought up the fact that not once did we offer to pay her husband.  Okay, our bad, but really????

 

The big picture of what I think Jesus came to earth for was to let us know there is unconditional love and we, if we choose to follow him, should follow in that example.  I know I have a long way to go, otherwise I wouldn't even be writing this!  However, others, who are Christians, and who probably think I'm as lost as the nearest homeless dog, ALWAYS talk about being wise.  Yes, they have a point.. But you can have all the wisdom in the world and if there isn't love behind it, it's useless, truly useless. 



I'm not saying don't have opinions about what you think your religion is telling you to do or be.  I'm saying that whenever there is this we vs they mentality, just remember, you're human too, you and that other human are related.  We are to PRAY for people we consider our enemies, not tell the world how much we hate them.  Rules and regulations really help us get around that difficult task, that difficult mindset/heartset.  Jesus tells us to LOVE our enemies.  WOW  That's pretty radical.   Maybe that's why they killed him.  That's way too difficult.  It's much easier to protest and spread our beautiful wings of righteousness about the "moral" causes we believe are so much more important than human souls. 






Okay, well, I'm finished.  Sorry I rambled about my undealt with anger....pray for me...especially if it bothers you. I know I need all the prayer that I can get...but I also know there is a God who loves us...unconditionally...he came in the form of Jesus Christ....

No comments:

Post a Comment