Saturday, December 15, 2012

Dedicated to the Victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary Tragedy

Just like mostly all of the people in this country, I am horrified and profoundly saddened by the tragedy that happened yesterday.  




Saying I'm sickened and trying to explain the ache I feel seems fruitless.  All I can do is think about it and want to blame something or someone.




 And there are many things and people to blame, but now it will not do any good.  There are victims whose lives have been forever changed.  Each day they will wake up to a different world. There will be a  colossal void where there was once energy, life and love.  Nothing will fill that void and hopefully they will learn to live with the grief...for the grief will never go away.  







"No one ever told me that grief feels so much like fear.  I am not afraid, but the sensation is like being afraid. The same fluttering in the stomach, the same restlessness, the yawning. I keep on swallowing."  c.s.lewis






“She was no longer wrestling with the grief, but could sit down with it as a lasting companion and make it a sharer in her thoughts.” George Elliot


“Oh God, God, why did you take such trouble to force this creature out of its shell if it is now doomed to crawl back -- to be sucked back -- into it?” 
― C.S. LewisA Grief Observed








Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.


Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message 'He is Dead'.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.


He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever: I was wrong.


The stars are not wanted now; put out every one,
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun,
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.


by W.H. Auden


I pray for the survivors..that's all that I can do now.\



“She was no longer wrestling with the grief, but could sit down with it as a lasting companion and make it a sharer in her thoughts.” George Elliot


Bacon, Charlotte 02/22/06, F
Barden, Daniel 09/25/05, M
Davino, Rachel 07/17/83, F
Engel, Olivia 07/18/06, F
Gay, Josephine 12/11/05, F
Marquez-Greene, Ana M 04/04/06, F
Hockley, Dylan, 03/08/06, M
Hocksprung, Dawn 06/28/65, F
Hsu, Madeleine, F 07/10/06
Hubbard, Catherine V 06/08/06, F
Kowalski, Chase 10/31/05, M
Lewis, Jesse 06/30/06, M
Mattioli, James 03/22/06, M
McDonnell, Grace 11/04/05, F
Murphy, Anne Marie 07/25/60, F
Parker, Emilie 05/12/06, F
Pinto, Jack 05/06/06, M
Pozner, Noah 11/20/06, M
Previdi, Caroline 09/07/06, F
Rekos, Jessica 05/10/06
Richman, Avielle 10/17/06, F
Russeau, Lauren 06/0/82 (number listed on form), F
Sherlach, Mary 02/11/56, F
Soto, Victoria 11/04/85, F
Wheeler, Benjamin 09/12/06, M
Wyatt, Allison N 07/03/06, F




No comments:

Post a Comment