Saturday, March 2, 2013

Dreamy Saturday Night

It's 11:30 on a Saturday night...cool temp outside, and the day has been a pleasantly warm 80 degrees.  Living the dream here!

  

I just heard a siren, my dogs are relaxed in their places of comfort; one on the couch with my husband, and the other on her Pottery Barn dog bed. (I adore Pottery Barn!)  Bonobo is on Pandora, my husband is lying on the couch reading his novel. I just finished reading my new decorating book. (Yes, decorating books have words...even paragraphs.)  

I've been thinking about how we have our different loves.  Love of God, love of self, love of others, love of space, love of life...and the list goes on. 




I'll focus in on my love for my dogs. I'll start with Tasha. She's part Pug, part Australian Shepherd, extremely intelligent and extremely cute.  She is the joy of my life.  I can't imagine life without her!  




At only a year and half, she is probably in her late teens in doggy years.  


I read that the seven human years to one doggy year just isn't accurate.  It's more like the first two years of a dog's life are accelerated versions a human's life. So, at two human years, a dog is  in her early twenties. After that, the dog then has four years to our one year.  Anyway, that's how old Tasha is and that might give you some insight into her maturity level.  

She became a part of our family a year ago February.  






Her happiness is contagious.  She has always seemed happy.  I love that about her. There is this sort of innocent confidence that she has.  At times I see evidence of a bit of a dark past, but not much.


Then there's my princess Lexy. 




She is physically very beautiful, almost a purebred American Eskimo. My vet said she wasn't pure, but she sure looks exactly like the American Eskimo. Exactly!  





She was badly abused and had about three homes before she became a part of our family.  Although I know she is secure in the love we have to offer, the traces of her pain still are evident. 



 I accept them, and she feels safe to now show her true self to me.  She is probably the most loyal dog that has ever lived with me and she is like my shadow around the house.  Both of these beautiful animals are an intricate part of my love of life.



Sometimes people question my passion for animals with the argument that there are so many children, both born and unborn that need help.  It doesn't matter to me; I still  am focused on the innocence of animals and their fate under human powers.  


My life is so good right now.  I have a fantastic job, my marriage is drama free, but there's still that spark that we both felt almost thirty seven years ago when we first fell in love. 






 Our kids are beautiful, and our grandkids a joy.  We are living the dream.  I am happy.  As happy as happy can be.
 

I know there's suffering, I know things could be different..better.  





But for now, in this moment, on this
Saturday night, with my home clean, my dogs by my side, my husband now asleep on the couch, great music in my ears, candles burning, and time ticking...well, like I said, I'm living the dream....................  For now! 






 love to you all....

No comments:

Post a Comment