Saturday, March 9, 2013

Just Time

My sister posted some pics of me from 1979...A world away, a life away..... seems like a dream away. 



No one told me that time would go by so fast, so crazy fast.  In that picture I had a beautiful child, a husband that I had only been married to for just three years and a sense of self esteem that would darken any sunshiny day.  




I was beautiful!  My skinny arms, my pouty mouth, my large, curious, naive eyes and my almost black, thick, silky, long hair. I think that's what I miss most,is my thick, long hair.


Time really doesn't wait for anyone. My beautiful baby girl, not even walking then. Now, she's a personal trainer, has a husband and three kids. Go figure.  


I look at the man sitting on the other side of the room with me and I wonder when he changed?  




I don't remember seeing his hair change color, or the lines in his face coming on.  I look at him and see the same man I married.  


I've had "a little help from my friends" as far as keeping myself as ageless  as possible.  

I see my life as a  little capsule.....or a hope chest maybe, 



that is full to the brim with all sorts of recollections. All of these memories, thoughts and feelings come to me as a conglomeration of emotional, physical and mental anamnesis.
File:US Navy 080125-N-4301H-029 Basic Underwater Demolition-Seals students swim 100 meters with bound hands and feet as part of their first-phase swimming test.jpg  

All of that is funneled into an emotion of nostalgia, too complicated for me even to try and describe.


And that's where music comes in.....

No comments:

Post a Comment