Saturday, March 9, 2013

Soul Mates

He was sabotaging our relationship, his life, so I left him. For that matter, I was probably doing the same. I thought I could live without him.  He didn't think he could live without me.  We parted.  Like a piece of pottery that fell to the ground and broke.  There we were, lying as broken pieces of one entity, but separated.


As time passed, I enjoyed all the things I told myself I would enjoy without him.  I listened to country music. He hated country music.  I sort of liked it, but decided it was over-rated.  I went out with the 'girls'..




but when I couldn't find my car at almost midnight, and feared I would turn into a pumpkin, there was no one there to call and help guide me through the city streets.


I would come home and see pictures of our life together all over my home. There really was no escaping his memory or the love we shared.  I did love him still, but couldn't live like I had been living.  Arguing every week with a vengeance But loneliness was  creeping in fast.  Knowing him, he was already with another woman, a younger woman.

Funny how it goes, isn't it?  Finally, after planning my life without him, I broke.  I couldn't go on anymore, I couldn't fake it.




 I needed HIM, not just another person, I needed him, in all his weaknesses, in all his faults, in spite of all the times he hurt me, I still wanted him.  There was this huge void, this huge emptiness.  I needed to pick up the pieces and glue them back together, however imperfect it might be, I needed it, us, back together.

When he came over that night, I hadn't seen him for what seems like an eternity. He looked so good, but still so imperfect.  He also looked lost.  I can only say that he looked like the man that was/is supposed to be mine..to be my other half.


And he came back.  In all of his weaknesses, I love him.  In all of my weaknesses, I hope he loves me too.  This is what I signed up for.  Fate? Providence?  Maybe, but I do know this is the way it's supposed to be. And I am now happy and at peace with him as part of me.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment