Thursday, April 14, 2011

Children and Parents

My in laws will arrive soon.  I'm thinking about my own parents.  I do often. Actually I do almost every day.  Sometimes I feel them.  Just in odd ways.  I lost my dad almost 20 years ago.  He was a pretty charismatic guy.  All my girlfriends thought he was good looking; I knew he was very talented.  He was an entertainer.  Right before he suddenly died he just landed a job  acting in a dinner theatre outside of Indianapolis.  He never made it. For years I was resentful that my husband's parents were alive and mine were dead.

My mother died ten years later.  I think she just got tired of being alone and sick.  She taught me how to love.  She taught by example. There wasn't much she wouldn't do for me, and she always let me know.  She used to send me little cards just to say she was thinking of me.





Soon my in laws will be here. I'm not too close with them unfortunately.  It's a long, complicated story.  My parents and I were close.  I could tell them anything.  Anyway, if you read this..and your parents are alive, appreciate them.  They'll be gone sooner than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment