Saturday, August 13, 2011

Angels Watching Over Me

Lately I've been thinking a lot about angels. 



So I went to Goodwill and bought a book and it has even furthered my interest. Too much has happened in my little life for me to deny the presence of "other worldly" creatures and experiences; it's also the icing on the cake of my life to know there is just more than what my eyes are able to see.

Unfortunately, there are those that are skeptics and that makes me sad, especially because I wish we could share the same beliefs. 





(Definition of 'skeptic'; . a person who mistrusts people, ideas, etc., in general) In my humble opinion, if an experienc or belief turns towards love and truth, then be open, right?  Not with skeptics.  I have no idea why people are skeptics but maybe it's ego.




(Definition of ego;
the “I” or self of any person; a person as thinking, feeling, and willing, and distinguishing itself from the selves of others and from objects of its thought. ) I really don't have the time or energy to comment a whole lot on that definition, but if you think about it, the ego's main purpose is to "distinguish itself from the selves of others."
 
To believe in angels, according to some people, seems, well, just silly and childish,  only for those who are simple.  At least that's my reasoning of why skeptics are skeptics.  Maybe it's not considered intellectual to believe in other worldly creatures.  Perhaps to believe in angels would just seem a little too....uh.....crazy?  Silly?
 
 
Years ago I lived in Israel on a kibbutz.  My friend and I were trying to get back to the kibbutz on Friday, their Sabboth, when everything in that country totally closes down.  Instead of taking the bus, we made the not so smart decision of taking a ride with a stranger. Unfortunately, he didn't take us back to the kubbutz and we found ourselves in the middle of a desert, on the main road, which then was only two small lanes with no traffic.  We decided to start walking, hoping that a bus or something else would come and rescue us.  When what seemed to be out of no where, a young Arab boy came over the hill walking towards us.  My friend who spoke a little hebrew spoke with him, came back to me and told me that he said if we just stay put, the bus will come and take us to our kibbutz.  Then the boy literally disapeared over the hill..Probably no more thatn 5 minutes later a bus came and took us safely back to the kubbutz where we lived. I do believe he was an angel. 
 
So...let the skeptics doubt and let them live in a boring black and white world. Me?  I believe there are angels watching over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment