Monday, September 19, 2011

Another Birthday Coming Soon....

It seems like it's been a while since my last post.  Much has happened, but much has stayed the same. Isn't that the way it is with life?  Soon , oh very soon, I will be the big 6 - 0 !  Yep, sixty.



 It blows me away as I feel like I'm possibly 35 and look about 45.  So there ya have it.  Life is odd, so odd, and it zooms by. I have a friend, who, like me, feels exactly the same as I do about turning  60.  She had her 60th I think about three years ago. She's amazing, and looks amazing, therefore she's sort of my example.  Even my husband is younger than me, so this birthday is  new territory.  Anyway, my friend who has already had her 60th, decided that she would just plan her own celebration.  It was a fun party and all had a great time, including her.  She helped me decide that I wouldn't  depend on anyone other than myself to give me what I want. I searched deep down and decided that going dancing is exactly what I want to do.







I'm telling everyone I know to meet me at a place where there's a live band and help me bring in yet another year of life.  So far, I have been  pleasantly surprised at the response.  Because I'm relatively new to the area, I don't really know that many people.  I do, however, love zumba and the instructors are sort of my dance idols.  They have smooth moves and each one of them has contributed to my renewed interest in keeping myself fit and moving.  Zumba is like a dance party every time.  The girls (mostly girls that do zumba) are wonderful and I love getting to know each of them.  And each of the ladies are awesome at zumba, and have a way of being warm and friendly. Hopefully a few, if not all, will show.



So, there ya have it.  The weather is changing, the cool air is moving in, and life goes on.....Happy Birthday to me!


No comments:

Post a Comment