Thursday, January 31, 2013

beautifully broken

I realize that now, at this stage of my life, I really don't have my whole life ahead of me.  It's actually more behind me than ahead.




For some reason, which I won't get into, I've had this strange sort of heaviness.  It's not bad, but it's not the most pleasant thing one could experience.  But it feels very real and solid.




This feeling  that I'm feeling led me to question why I'm feeling this way. What I came up with is  the realization that there were dreams that I never did fulfill,  desires I had that were left somewhere down the road for someone else to pick up and carry on with.



Life didn't turn out the way that I had planned.  Not a good or bad thing, it just is.


Life is like that ya know...things don't always turn out the way we want them to or the way we originally thought they should have turned out.  In a previous blog I wrote about the fact that us being in control is really an illusion.  You know, are we in a dream or is the dream dreaming us sort of thing.





 For the most part, this is the happiest time of my life.  But just lately I've been in this introspective type of mood.

(lyrics by dave matthews...broken things)

Sometimes the road is crystalAnd sometimes I feel like I'm losing my mindTell me what it is that you're missingAnd I will see what I can findYou want to be so sure ofEvery step you take butYou can't always know what's comingYou can't always trust the twist of fate
Well oh my loveMy heart is set on youSet on youOh my loveMy heart is set on youSet on you
The stars shine down from the blackAnd we're picking through this broken glassWell how could we know that our lives would be soFull of beautifully broken things
War is the most vulgar madnessAnd winters can be so cruelYou can't always change the way things are like thatCan't change the way I think of you butWell oh my love my heart is set on you.


 DAVE MATTHEWS BAND - BROKEN THINGS LYRICS 



No comments:

Post a Comment