Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hope

I think this entry might not be what I would like it to be, but so be it.  What I'd like for it to be is a happy little post on how positive things are in my corner of the world.  Now, don't get me wrong.  I am ever so grateful for all the love and beauty in my life.  My family is healthy, wealthy and wise, I'm happily married to a wonderful man...our anniversary is soon and we will celebrate 35 years together.  I have a beautiful home, I'm healthy and strong. 

However, I am not working and that, my friend, is a problem.  I try to maintain a positive attitude.  I have repeated affirmations (not as many times as I'd like, but hey, I'm working on it) on how things are working out for my highest good. Still, not producing money is getting to me.  It's not just the money, it's the productivity. 

Thankfully I'm tutoring my granddaughter and excited to see results.  That, however, is about it.  Every day I go online to see what jobs are available.  I used to be an ESL teacher in Kansas City.Every morning when I went to the gym   to collect my students, I'd smile and say, "Look at these beautiful, intelligent, wonderfully behaved students."  And they'd get up and come over to show me something they were wearing, or to just give me a hello hug.  Wow, those were the days!  And yes, I did have the best class in the school!!! Seriously those students gave me more than I ever could give them.   Every time I taught, I had this experience, no matter where or with who.  I am very fortunate!

 I am not a certified teacher and am not able to be certified.  I just worked for a great school who gave me the opportunity to prove to them I would be great...and I did prove it to them!  Although I have many faults, one thing I know, I was a good teacher.  An excellent teacher if I may say so.  I was able to infuse self confidence in my students and was also able to help them believe in themselves, all the while teaching them what they needed to know as a building block in that confidence.



I love beauty and am able to help people surround themselves with an enjoyable space on a minimum budget.  I am good at that also.  Still, nothing.  Honestly, I have never been in this type of situtation and it's difficult to keep my proverbial head above the water.  There are principals in the universe that I believe are just true.  Tithing is one of those principals that I KNOW is a must. 



I have seen people who tithe and it's true, God has not forgotten them, has given them all they need.  As a matter of fact, that's the only time in the bible where God says, "test me on this". 

Malachi 3:10

New International Version (NIV)
10 Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.




I confess that for a time, a short time, we didn't. We didn't think we could.  All hell broke out and now I've learned my lesson.  It has nothing to do with the goodness or character of God, it has everything to do with laws set up in the universe.  Anyway, I'm resolved to never miss another tithe payment, not matter what...no matther how counter-intuitive it may seem.  Don't even try to persuade me differently.

My friend called the other night and wanted me to help her drive cross country to her new home in the midwest.  I think, if I don't have a job in the next day or so, I'll take her up on that.



 In the meantime, I'll keep you posted.  My heart is a little fragile right now as I'm in a place I've never been before...but hey, I'm here.

No comments:

Post a Comment