Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Music makes me nostalgic.....touches my soul.




.     Holidays do the same.





Actually not much anymore doesn't trigger that sentimental, sometimes melancholy feeling of love lost, love gained, and love to come.  There was an old song and I'm not even sure of the name, but some of the lyrics are "love is all around us"....



Boy, isn't that the truth.  If we just look, if we just feel, not with our five senses, but with our heart.




Sometimes love is a sad feeling, ....



Sometimes it's joy.





 But it's always pretty strong and impressive.  It leaves a footprint on your soul that no one or nothing can take away.



One can make a person do a lot of things, one can torture or bribe someone  into doing things they don't want to do , sometimes money can cause a person to do things they wouldn't ordinarily do, but one thing you can't do, is make someone love you.  It's impossible.




 I'm not sure it's a choice though.  Sometimes it is, but a lot of times I just don't see it as being a total choice. When I looked at my first child for the first time, there was this floodgate of love that opened and it hasn't stopped since. Nor will it ever stop.


Holidays especially, cause me to think of the past.  I think of people and pets who I have loved and memories come flooding in. I really think that love just doesn't end.  It is eternal.  I do believe one thing though, if a person were to open themselves up to the all consuming power of love, they will see love, feel love, and even hear it.  Words are so limited at describing love.  The bible says that "God IS love."  That is probably the most powerful definition.    It proves that God is omnipresent.  David, the psalmist, even said during one of his prayers, "if I go into the depths of hell, you are there."





 Hmmmm that is something to ponder; God's presence in hell?  Put that in your dogma pipe and smoke it.  Yet it is a mystery and will not cease to amaze me.  Love follows us, bugs us and keeps telling us that it wants us to know we are loved...it tells us to love; ourselves and others.

I have many, many things to be thankful for, but the most significant is all the people and pets who have loved me, who have helped me and who have caused me to stay on this journey of life.  They all know who they are.  In this world and the other, they know, and hopefully will feel the same.


There are places I'll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places had their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

No comments:

Post a Comment