Monday, June 24, 2013

Sister, You Keep Me....Ode to Michael Ann

Monday morning, sitting up in bed, drinking coffee, computer on lap, dogs at the bottom of the bed looking out the great window where we can see red tile roofs and mountains;   love the view and obviously, so do my dogs.  Indeed, life is good.

So, I was looking through all of my blog posts and they  seem sooooo intense!  Okay, so maybe I'm a little intense too.  But hey! I can have a great time just like the rest of them.  My baby sis visited me this weekend from the great, crazy, smoggy, wild, L.A.  (Of course she's an artist!)





 How I love this sister of mine. When she's here, most of the time we laugh, some of the time we talk about dead people still hanging around (Think Teresa Caputo.), of course we shop,  and then we dance!   (I forgot to mention that we also have a few.)\




She is one of the lights of my life to be sure.  One has to have a person in their life like her,a person who accepts them just as they are, can laugh when other people look at you with a puzzled look, not knowing whether to pity you or sign you up for major therapy.

I have to tell you about the time I  pretty much hit rock bottom.



There I was, crying hysterically, sitting in the back of a hotel parking lot in my car(No, I was not booked in that hotel nor did I visit anyone staying there.) feeling like a lost child all alone in the world.  I called her and, thank God, she answered.  As I sobbed profusely, she sort of talked me down.  When I spilled my gut  and words started flowing with agonizing emotion, her reaction was awesome; calm, understanding, reasonable and yet she didn't reply as if I were some lame brain, out of control, mental wreck.  I really think anyone else would have been a bit freaked out, and I wouldn't have blamed them.

Okay, well here's the part I love:  when I told her the worst bit of my whole story, she of course, asked questions to make sure I was okay, then she sort of chuckled and made a joke about it.  NO ONE ELSE IS ABLE TO DO THAT WITH HER MAGNIFICENT EXPERTISE! Her reaction changed my whole mood, my whole way of thinking, and believe it or not, I chuckled too(....well....sort of, considering).  I will always love and value how she saved me from delving even deeper into my dark, futile pit and how she caused me to feel at least, still sane.

I love my baby sis.









 I have two other sisters and love each one in different ways.  They too, are part of my heart and soul.  Whether connected by blood and/or spirit, every woman needs that soul sister in her life.  I am much more than fortunate to have these gifted women help me along this journey of life.  So, if it were a Friday night, I'd lift a glass of red to my sister, Michael Ann, and  also to Monday mornings on summer break!!.(but it's a Monday morning so I'll lift my coffee cup!) Here's to you sweet, beautiful girl!


Sister (by Dave Matthews)

Passing time with you in mind
It’s another quiet night
Feel the ground against my back
Counting stars against the black

Thinkin' about another day
Wishing I was far away
Wherever I dreamed I was
You were there with me

Sister, I hear you laugh
My heart fills full up
Keep me please
Sister, when you cry
I feel your tears
Running down my face
Sister, sister, keep me

I hope you always know it’s true
I would never make it through
You could make the sun go dark 
Just by walking away

Playing like we used to play
Like it would never go away
I feel you beating in my chest
I’d be dead without....

............Sister, I hear you laugh
My heart fills full up
Keep me please
Sister, when you cry
I feel your tears
Running down my face
Sister, sister, you keep me


I hope you always know it’s true
I would never make it through
You could make the heavens fall
Just by walking away
sister, sister....keep me!




2 comments:

  1. I love this, and I SO love you!!! You are truly like a sister to me. Makes me believe in the Divine all the more that you and I have been genuine friends for nigh on (?!?!?) years.
    Love you forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought from your voice at that karaoke party that it must be some sort of family talent

    ReplyDelete