Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Thinking of Mom

My mother has been gone now for years.




 I don't really keep track. But one thing is true, I think of her every day.  I believe I thought of her everyday when she was alive too; I guess that's what it is with daughters and mothers. I've said it so many times and it's true, she taught me how to love. That's the main thing that I remember about my relationship with her. She is part of my soul and nothing will ever change that, not even time. 




 She died on a brisk day one October morning.  My father had already been dead ten years so when she left, things were just so final, so changed.  Death visits us all, and there is nothing we can do about it.  It's mysterious and dark.  Many people say that they will meet Jesus or something else to that effect.  I hope so..I hope I'll  meet him because there's a lot I want to ask him.  But I also want to meet the others whom I have loved and who have gone on, including my four legged loved loves.

It's a wonderfully cool October morning. I'm getting ready to go to work, sitting up in bed, looking out over the sunny red tile roofs, the green trees, the shaggy palms and the soft foothills.  The sun and birds are the smile on my face, the sweetness in my heart.  But my mother is the foundation of my love. Thanks mom, I still hope I make you proud! kisses from this world!....your Pegala

No comments:

Post a Comment