Saturday, October 24, 2015

My Big Bro! Here's to You!




It' s probably one of the most beautiful days ever here in Phoenix.  It's still morning, but not for long.  My husband took the dogs to dog park and I'm sitting in my living room with all windows and doors open.  Heaven on earth!

But that's not why I'm writing.  On facebook, I saw an old picture, really old picture, 1964 old,  of my handsome brother singing in his band.




It brought back so many memories but mainly just thoughts of him and our relationship. They all came flooding back. He's not on fb so I don't "see" him much. Plus we both have our lives and we communicate a lot less than I'd like.  But c'est la vie.

I was a daddy's girl and then there was my brother. He was second in line of being a love of my life.  I mean, there's the title daddy's girl, but there's nothing significant for big brothers. That's a shame because there needs to be.






My big bro and I had a rocky relationship. We both had our own stories and although we grew up in the same household, had the same parents and family, as most know, each sibling experiences childhood in an entirely different way.  In any case, I fought with him a lot.  But there were really good times too.  He gave me advice and was always there. I idolized him, my girlfriends lusted after him and were totally infatuated by him, he was my best friend, my style icon, and someone I have admired . I still do to this day. As a boy growing up, to a teenager to the day he left for college in his little MG, he was fierce, courageous, stood up to the huge obstacles in his life, was talented, unbelievably creative,  and crazy intelligent.  Sometimes too intelligent for his own good.



So on this beautiful Saturday morning I was inspired to write, to let the world know how I love him, how I know he loves me and what a strong bond brothers and sisters have.  Although we have two younger sisters, my bro left when I was about 15, so he didn't really grow up with his other younger sisters like he and I did.  Always having the need to be someone's favorite, this makes me a little smug.  Don't take it wrong!

When I think of my brother there is one word that comes to mind: smooth.  Maybe it's because he is an incredible dancer and a basic style icon. Or maybe it's how he speaks.   He's smooth!  He's gracious and has the social skills of the most influential elite.  When you're with him having a conversation, you feel like you're the only one the room.  It seems as though he is listening with all his mind and heart.  You are his focus.






That's rare, and, I might add, that is a gift.

I miss him,







 but I know life's course. In any case, I was thinking of him, knowing he reads this every now and then,  I wanted to honor him.  I want the world to know, he's one of the top men in my life and for that, I am grateful!  Here's to you Clyde William, I wish we could share a glass of red and sit on my beautiful patio and shoot the breeze.  xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment