Friday, July 15, 2011

Morning Stillness

I got up early this morning to take my wonderful son in law to the airport to be reunited with his family who are visiting in Kansas City.  (What one will do for love of family!)  Yep, really early...like around 4 a.m.  And...did I mention that I woke up early???  I worked until 10 last night so I got to bed a little before midnight.  However, there is something beautiful about late nights and early mornings. 


This time of day, as the sun rises is the 'in between' time. 


The time where, I believe, there is this thin haze between here and there.  It's a place where time sort of stops and the moments are all that exist and who knows what happens in those moments?



 It's where loved ones memories are present, God's love seems closer and it's a place where it feels almost anything can happen; anything peaceful that is.  It's a place of peace and calm.




 At least that's how it is for me, right now.

I have experienced other 'moments' in these times....moments that are just the opposite of the above description.  They were moments of despair, hopelessness and incredible pain.






  I guess it's those times that cause one to appreciate moments of being still.  I always used to say that the birds singing sounded like the voice of God to me.  I still feel that way.  Even in moments of despair, morning would come, the birds would begin to sing and a wave of peace came over my heart. (In Psalm 30 it says that 'weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.")






My husband is away for another week and all is silent in the house other than my dog and my daughter's dog who I am babysitting.  I like the quiet, but as I wrote in my last blog, I am very pensive in times like this.  Again, I missed Murray so much last night.  As I was about to fall off to sleep I relived his last few minutes in my hands, and again I thought  how shitty it is to play God and euthanize someone you love so much. 

Okay, end here....a good place.  It's not even 6 a.m. yet so I will enjoy the rest of what is left of this inbetween time.  Love to you all.....and be kind to yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment