Friday, April 26, 2013

In Defense of My Husband

My husband..ahhhhhhhhhh....my husband..rebel that he is I still love him after all of these years.  He knows exactly how to stir up shit and cause people to have their backs up.  When we were first married, I, in my naivete, didn't realize that he kept stirring the pot when the conversation died down concerning eternal security and predestination.  After all these years though, I realize his heart is in the right place..sort of.  


He challenged a woman on facebook who posted something about our veterans who sacrificed so much.  





And I totally agree with her post. The veterans are my heroes for sure.   However, sometimes our 
government, not our veterans,   has done some things that just aren't kosher, by any means. For instance giving our unknowing service men LSD as an experiment. 


For decades, the U.S. Army conducted secret clinical experiments with psychochemicals at Edgewood Arsenal. In the nineteen-sixties, Army Intelligence expanded the arsenal’s work on LSD, testing the drug as an enhanced-interrogation technique in Europe and Asia. This companion piece to “Operation Delirium,” which ran in the December 17th issue of The New Yorker, documents the people who were involved and what they did. http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2012/12/us-army-experiments-with-lsd-in-the-cold-war.html

 Yeah! That happened in the 60's and to this day it haunts me, just the fact that they did that. WHY???

This woman, who I have known for years and now have nothing to do with, told my husband  his comments (challenges) were "ridiculous".  Really? Now that is, by all true definitions, her opinion.  Now, it wasn't the post that I am talking about, it is this woman's  whole mindset.  This is the same woman, who professes to be God loving,( and I'm sure she is),that  scoffed at me when I told her that I realized what our youth group needed: love and acceptance just as they are.  Her response to that was so condescending that it stopped me in my tracks. That is when I began to question exactly where she stood spiritually.  Not that it's my job; it's not my job, but her words were so harsh and passive aggressive, that I decided not to bother any more because we were on a totally different path on our journey here in life.  






No, I'm not Mother Teresa, and I know that because I want to say to her "bitch".  



But how rude and unloving is that?  So, you see, my spirituality is far from perfect and perhaps, even though we are on totally different pages, we are probably equally as progressive .(or in this case, non progressive.)  So, here's to you ______ And did you realize you are so much like your mother?  

I'm also so happy it's Friday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment